Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Friends

Over this past year we have matured from a local band into a full-time touring band. We have learned from big and small mistakes along the way. Through all of this I have made new friends, lost some friends, and grown even closer to old ones.

You never really know who matters most until you hardly see them for a year. I have found that the number of people that are in the circle I call my friends are very few. Some are supportive at first, and then assume you are too busy. Others, you just grow distant from because life runs its course and we drift apart.

I'd like to think that this is how it is suppose to happen. If we all just stayed in the same place all the time, how would we grow? It is almost as if we are all separate ships with different voyages on this earth and for a small window of time we share the same waves. I must not grow bitter as one drifts farther away than what I have grown accustom to. I just have to remember that we are headed in different directions and must be thankful for the time we had.

We are a product of those we surround ourselves with. I am thankful that athough some have come and gone, some have said things that have hurt deeply, I have said things that hurt them, yet the ones who are supposed to be close for this season are here. A close friend once told me that "cooler heads always prevail". There is no sense in holding onto bitterness towards someone who wronged you. Let it go. Like the tragic, yet beautiful ending of American History X, this statement rings true.


-Mikey

No comments:

Post a Comment