Monday, April 18, 2011

Farewell Address

Howdy friends, Burk here. There’s a decision I recently made that I feel you should be
informed of. I will no longer be playing bass for Mike Mains & The Branches.

First off, I would like to mention that this was one of the hardest decisions I have ever
made. Hours of prayer and thought were put into this. My decision didn’t come from a
heart of discontent toward the band, but from more personal matters. I will be living in
Chicago and going to school for Biblical Studies.

I will always love this band and the dudes and dudette in it. Mike, Shannon, and David
are family to me and always will be. I am merely stepping down as bassist to be the
number one fan.

This has been such an exciting past two years. I have no regrets. It’s been a huge
blessing to play music and meet so many new people. My prayers, as always, continue to
be with the band and I am excited to see where it will go. I believe in it, I know it will go
far.

God Bless,
Burk

4 comments:

  1. You will be missed Burk! I pray God blesses your pursuit of school in Biblical Studies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me want to cry and Burk plz come visit us ppl in Owosso Michigan plzzz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Burk,

    You rock. Keep rockin' for God.
    PS: You have a nice 'stache.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'll miss you Burke. I'm glad I got to see you in a show before you moved to your next stage in life, blessings to you man.

    ReplyDelete