Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Consistency is Key

   I do not remember the person who actually said this but the quote goes something like, "Spiritual maturity is the consistent application of elementary principles."  This is a fitting principle to live by in every area. Consistency is something I feel like I can grow in a lot. It's the getting up when I do not feel like it, writing a blog when I am way too tired to do so, or caring more about helping someone than isolating myself and only caring about my own concerns.

    I asked a friend of mine awhile ago what she thought our generation would be remembered for. Her response was "overextended adolescence". Maybe it is because our generation at times is so afraid of taking a risk that we never pursue anything. I can be honest enough to admit it. I can dream up big dreams and write up enormous plans. Yet, what is more of a mountain to me is the drudgery of the mundane. We want to do t-shirt ministry and embrace bike rides instead of wasting resources and volunteering for our fellow man and the only way to do it is in a distant foreign land. Yet, what if the greatest place of growth and personal development is learning to embrace where we are? Instead of changing the scenery and moving, why not try to change the landscape where we are at? Perhaps the greatest feats of accomplishment come from every little step taken forward. I hope you are well, whoever you are reading this, and whatever it is that you are facing. I hope this encourages you not to climb the mountain or build some gigantic structure or write a top billboard song, but to take one more step, lay one more brick and write one more line. One day at a time.

Have a wonderful day!

- Mikey

No comments:

Post a Comment