Saturday, August 6, 2011

Change

The older I get the more set in my ways I become. At times I desire to change. At other times I could care less. I have found myself becoming more concerned with the victims of social injustice as of late. Yet, I wonder still, am I only doing this out of some need to feel better about myself? Am I doing this to be like Bono in hopes that someday I too will sell out arenas?  Who knows. Who cares. I am certain that someone cares.

    What I know is that you will never change unless you want to. You will never develop unless you truly desire to do so. Stepping back from our own reflections reveals that our decisions affect more than just ourselves. They hurt or help the ones we love the most. Time is the greatest revealer of character. I only hope to continue writing music. To continue living life and helping people even though I feel in shambles at times. Yet, when I am lost I am found.

When I am weak. He is strong.

-Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment