Monday, August 8, 2011

Endure & Conquer

There are some people you just can't give up on- the people who look in the mirror and only see themselves covered in the ash and dirt of mistakes they've made and things they think they've done wrong. However, no matter how much bad they see in themselves, I have scraped away the dirt and found gold underneath. Precious, beautiful gold. I hope one day they can see it too.
I don't know what to be other than optimistic in these circumstances; being pessimistic is like being content with letting yourself waste away in a pit of mud. I want to throw a rope into the pit and tell them everything will be okay- they just need to grab on and pull themselves up.
I can't give up. Love doesn't give up- it endures and conquers all.

-Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment