Friday, March 11, 2011

Decisions

What do we do? How soon do we do it? How do we do it? It's funny, the questions I ask. I had a friend tell me he lives and dies by his decisions.
This same person told me to make a decision and never look back.


I held my baby nephew for the first time a couple days ago. It was surreal. This brand new child with a fresh slate and completely bright future ahead of him. I looked at his mother and was amazed that the sister of my youth is now raising a child.


She made a decision to marry and commit her life to someone she loved, despite what others thought. Out of that love a new life has sprung and a family has begun. She made a decision after counting the cost. She fell in love and never looked back.


I want to do the same. The same friend who told me to never look back also said, "Weigh the options and ask yourself, "What's the worse thing that could happen?"". I have weighed my options. I have counted the cost. I'm ready to take a chance.  I refuse to sit idle just because it doesn't seem realistic.


The people who wait for something to happen are the people with mouths full of excuses.

"Champions are not those who never fail. They are those who never quit."
- Dr. Ed. Cole

I decide to push forward.

God is faithful

- Mikey

No comments:

Post a Comment