Sunday, January 16, 2011

Family

Hello world. It’s me, David. Today is my dad’s birthday. As a result, I’ve been thinking a lot about the importance of family. My family is very important to me, and we are very close. They don’t just tell me they love me, they show me.

I don’t see my family very often, and I think that’s the case with many people. But I am fortunate enough to have friends that are so close that I consider them family. Obviously, we are not all given the opportunity to live in a van with our closest friends. But we are all given the opportunity to treat those around us like they are our family. I am reminded today about how much my dad has demonstrated his love to me. Sacrifice is the only evidence of love. If we love one another, we will serve one another selflessly.

-David

No comments:

Post a Comment