Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Nationwide

We've been on the road for 1 month and 8 days now. I've seen and experienced so much. Landmarks that I'd only seen pictures of or heard about were right before my eyes.  It's hard to believe that a couple of years ago, touring like this seemed impossible. Our band has come a long way and worked really hard to make these dreams of touring possible.
By the end of February we will have covered over 5,000 miles of road. That's hours and hours of late night drives and long day drives to make it to the next town. But hey, it's what we want. During the long drives I take time to look at the countryside. Each state has it's own beauty and attractions. By the end of this tour I will have been to 39 states.
Wikipedia is my best friend. When we visit new cities I like to pull up Wikipedia on my phone and learn about the town. What to see there, the history of the place, geography. It really interests me and makes touring more exciting for me. I'm sort of a history and geography buff. Each town has it's own story!
For instance: We are in Corinth, MS right now. Did you know that Corinth was founded as a cross city? It served as a junction for the Mobile & Ohio and Memphis & Charleston railroads. It was named Corinth after the town in Greece that also serves as a crossroads. Neat huh?


-Burk

No comments:

Post a Comment