Thursday, February 17, 2011

Road, Road, Road

It has been a while since I last made a blog entry. We have seen Texas, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, and North Carolina since my last entry. I must say, it is incredible. The amount of places you get to see while you are out on the road- not only the places- but the people you get to meet. Every single person has a story- every night we play we get a few moments to share conversation. Over the course of time, many relationships build and soon the road becomes several homes and friends spanned across an entire country. We share small fragments of time together framed inside of musical sets and the exchange of words while van trailers are packed with equipment. 

This is my dream. This is what I have longed to do since I was a child. I grew up in front of a boombox playing The Cranberries, Tom Petty, Neil Young, etc.. While doing farm chores I was dreaming of sitting in my room trying to figure out how to play my guitar. I realize that this isn't something that I just decided to do one rainy day. I have to do this. It runs in my veins. It makes me tick. Not just the music, but the people that I have the honor of sharing it with. Home is not a geographical location to me as much as it is the people I am around. Not just the band but all of the wonderful people I have met along the way. 


Yes, the road has it's up and down's. Yes, there are times when I miss the idea of a bedroom and a shower. But overall, I am grateful to be doing what I believe I am called to do as a job. Many people settle for less than what they believe. You can always make more money. You can never re-make memories. Time is moving forward. I hope we as a band can encourage people to follow their dreams and become successful while doing so.


Thanks to all who support and believe in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment